Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sometimes I'm Just Confused...

Da'Gorgeouses are super into talking now, not that they weren't before, it's just that now they're so much better at it. Everyone keeps commenting on how they like to talk so much. I sometimes wonder if it's meant as a compliment or maybe something else---after all my uncle did nickname me Motormouth when I was little---lol!!

DrillSgt. told me the Wednesday night when I returned home after work that Pistol had been yelling "Sissy going! Sissy going!" and before he could get over to check on LongRifle, she was already yelling back "NO!! I not going ANYWHERE!" (He did check on them anyway.) Not a day goes by now that I'm not being asked by one or the other of Da'Gorgeoues, "What you doing mamá?" generally followed by said Gorgeous answering her own question, "You washing dishes." "You cleaning up." "You making breakfast." or of course the inevitable, "You going potty." Pistol has taken to giving me something and telling me, "Here my love." followed by my usual response, "Thank you very much my darling." They are so polite and even remember to say please, thank you and you're welcome. They tell people we've chatted with who are leaving, "It was nice to see you again, take care (or be careful)!"

They are such unbelievably, amazing and remarkable little girls (and I know part of this is coming from the mouth of a proud mamá) but there's also a part of me that is simply flabbergasted and confused as to how and where they learn some of the things they do and why it is that they have the ability to apply it correctly. There are things they do that I know for a fact I had nothing to do with, so I ask DrillSgt. or Grammy or Welo if they by chance taught them, and sometimes I find the answer, but sometimes there just isn't any explanation for it. So I'm going to give credit to PBS and Disney Studios, because although we do spend time teaching Da'Gorgouses some of the things they know, they do also spend time watching PBS, The Little Einstein's, Handy Manny, ALL the Princess movies, Dora and Leap Frog as well as many others (even Shrek if I really must admit it)...now if I could just figure out where they learned the words to "Row, row, row your boat..."

1 comments:

Kellan September 6, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

They sound just adorable and so polite to talk to people and I'll bet they sound precious saying those things. You are doing such a good job! Take care of those sweet girls and yourself too! Kellan

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP