Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When I Grow Up...

When I was in first grade I was fortunate enough to be chosen as student of the month. Being chosen as student of the month meant that someone came to interview you and write up a short article for some reason or another (maybe a school newsletter---I really don't remember). What I do remember is that they asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up and I had the perfect answer, "I want to be a pediatrician!" I remember them laughing and asking, "Do you know what a pediatrician is?" "Sure" I said, "that's a baby doctor." Yes, I was a total nerd and knew big words like that back then (thanks Mom & Dad for reading to me and encouraging me to read when I was little), of course now that I've got Mommy brain I'm lucky if I remember "drinking fountain".

When I grew up, decided I didn't want to go to school that long to become a "baby doctor", and it was no where near on my list of the things I thought I wanted to do. I went through a variety of lists of what I wanted to become until I finally decided on teaching. Of course, once I started teaching I realized that I wanted to be the best teacher I could be, I LOVED teaching. And where exactly am I going with this? Well today I told Da'Gorgeouses that exact story except only the next part is the real reason why I remembered that student of the month interview. I looked at them and told them "now that I'm your mom, well, I have a better answer for what I want to be when I grow up, I just want to be the BEST mom I possibly can for you two, I LOVE being your mom!" Most days I'm sure I fall short, but you can bet your bottom dollar I try my best every day!

0 comments:

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP