Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 2~ I ♥ Faces Beginners "Messy" Entry


This messy photo was taken August of 2008 at the ice cream shop
in Avila Beach, CA.


I'm an amateur photographer, a full-time mom to Da'Gorgeouses born 16 weeks premature
weighing 1.4 and 1.5 lbs. (they are now healthy & happy almost 3 year olds), a recently
returned to work part-time teacher, and a full-time wife to the DrillSgt.

Just this past year I've started to take photography more seriously and learn
about some of the settings on the camera I received as a gift Christmas of '07---
there are just so many buttons & I know that I have a long way to go!
There isn't much time for working on the learning part of it (Da'Gorgeouses keep me
pretty busy). I'm clueless when it comes to a lot of the photography lingo like aperture,
I've borrowed a few books from my local library, joined a few online blogs & groups, would
really love to take a class as I think this is one of those hands on learning things.
I do have Paint Shop Pro XI and have just recently started to use it to edit some of my photos.
I take A LOT of pictures and find myself lucky sometimes---LOL!! I'm open to constructive criticism, so shoot away!

To view many more Messy photos go to www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com, kids, adults, beginners.




HugsBlessings

MChangaSiggy

24 comments:

Carebear March 2, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

I like the creative angle here, and her eyes are amazingly beautiful. Can't believe that gorgeous healthy girl was once a 1.5 pound baby. What a story! What kind of new camera are you using? It's good that you have paintshop pro. I'm not familiar with that program, but I am recently addicted to editing my photos. Check out fix it Friday for some great post processing ideas!

Christi March 2, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

I agree with carebear, the angle is great and makes the photo so much more interesting. I love the expression on her face.

Upstatemamma March 2, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

THis really is a great shot. The expression on her face combined with the neat angle make it a really nice picture

Joannof10 March 2, 2009 at 3:48 AM  

Those eyes are gorgeous!

Unknown March 2, 2009 at 4:15 AM  

I love your picture. I can't think of anything to say that you don't know already : ). I want to take a class this year too! It's always fun to come and see your work. I LOVE it.

Julie Rivera March 2, 2009 at 5:26 AM  

The angle is great, those huge eyes are wonderful and she is indeed messy! My main piece of advice to new photographers is to try to avoid the flash. It will force you to figure out the settings on your camera, for sure, but the results will be wonderful!

Katarina March 2, 2009 at 5:33 AM  

I love her expression!!

mommytoalot March 2, 2009 at 6:18 AM  

Great picture. You have a talent.

maggiemae and family March 2, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

wow your babies are so sweet. this is my first time here. love your header! isnt the gift of life amazing??

DawnS March 2, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

I really like this shot! Her expression - those great big eyes and the little curl of hair - very cute!

Randi March 2, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

Great photo! She looks like she's saying, "What? Do I have something on my face?"

Shasta March 2, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

Her eyes are amazing, as is their story!! Great shot!

Rhonda March 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Great messy shot! Look at those eyes.....Amazing!

Abby March 2, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

That is a great picture! I love the eyes. That is amazing that your girls were so little at birth. An amazing story!

Unknown March 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

As usual, I think your shot is great. I wish my beginner shots were as good as yours...I'm really going to have to start editing mine to get the effect that I like

Melissa March 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Love the bright colors and the angle! I agree with Candi...I wish my beginner shots were are good as that!

Esther March 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Yes, nice angle...is that a guilty expression on her face? No, all is good with that much ice cream on your face....your girls are beautiful!

Corrine March 3, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

love the angle and her expression!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) March 3, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

That is so very precious.

Angela March 4, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Who cares if they get messy because they are gorgeous!!

Missy March 4, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Thanks so much for commenting on my photo... I love your messy shot.. priceless

kristi March 7, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

great photo! i just found the i heart faces site this week and have really enjoyed looking at all the great pics. look forward to seeing more!

Carebear March 7, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

Congratulations on your well-deserved top ten win! How exciting!

Unknown March 8, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Oh man - she's a beauty!! :-) I love your blog and her story too -- thanks for sharing!
and congrats!

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP