Saturday, June 27, 2009

These Must Have Been the Looks...

I should probably just get over it, because truthfully it could be the case, but dang it, it just really offends me! You might be wondering what I'm talking about, well, it happened again. DrillSgt. and I took Da'Gorgeouses out for lunch yesterday (and yes, we were on the other side of town again--the same side it happened the first time) and our cute, really young waitress asked as we were leaving, "Are they your granddaughters?" I must have had one, if not BOTH of the following looks on my face!




Of course I just managed to stammer out, "No, we just started late. I'll be 39 in a few days." If she only knew what I'd been through to even get them. I really have to come up with something clever to say, any suggestions?



HugsBlessings

MChangaSiggy

6 comments:

Unknown June 27, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

That's just crazy...you don't even look old enough to be their grandmother! Plus their are lots of mom that are 39 with young kids. Just a different generation...my mom had finished having all of her kids by the time she was 25...but of course she was 17 when she got married. I didn't even get married till I was 26.

Anne June 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

I'd sure as heck stay away from that part of town! Good grief, she'd think I was Eliza's great grandmother since I had her at 45!

You look marvelous!

Tracy June 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

No help here...but My fridn deals with this...she has TALL 12 yr old daughter who carries the baby around, so people think she is the grandma. She went and got her hair cut in a YOUNG fashion, to try to help...lol.

Kristal June 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Seriously? You totally look like their Mama! That is not right!

Chelle June 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

What is the matter with people these days? Some people should just not speak!! I agree with Candi on this one...just a different generation.

Holly July 1, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Oh no she di' n't- LOL. You totally look like Mommy- NOT Grandma. It's crazy that anyone would ask you that. I know exactly how you must feel though. When Superbaby is three, I'll be 39 and I will NOT be happy if I get asked that! You handled it very well:)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP