Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dinner Party

Last night was a rough one. LongRifle woke up to a coughing fit and ended up puking all over her big pillow. She's so used to it, she doesn't even cry. I walked in and she was sitting up looked at me and said "a mess, all wet". Poor kid, I had to pick her up, give her a quick rinse, change her clothes, gave her some water to drink and put her back in bed---without the big pillow of course. The commotion we made caused Pistol to wake up, amazingly DrillSgt. slept through the entire event. I still can't figure out how he does it---lol!!

I figured they needed their rest so I let them sleep in a little longer and didn't take them to "school" again. Not to mention the fact that we were having company over tonight and I knew they'd need to have as much energy as possible. Good thing we skipped school too, because they didn't nap that well this afternoon. Grammy stayed with them a little while and gave me a chance to run a few errands. I picked up their Rx and my contacts that had been sitting at my doctor's office since January---lol!! I don't get a chance to get out much and when I do the office is usually closed.

We had tons of company over tonight, which is very out of the ordinary for us. We had a BBQ for my aunt who is down visiting from Washington. My uncles and cousins and all of their children were over. Da'Gorgeouses had a blast as there were so many kids they could play with. All of them were older than Da'Gorgeouses a 3 year old, twin 4 year olds, a 5 year old, a 4th grader, a 6th grader and a 7th grader. So Da'Gorgeouses spent all of their time either running or playing or chasing someone. Good thing we have a big back yard, there was plenty of room for everyone. The weather was nice and we all had dinner outside, just enough wind to keep the flies away (the lady next door has SIX horses on her property so we get A LOT of flies in the summertime). Once it cooled down and got a little dark, all the kids moved inside--now that was an entirely new experience for me---lol!! By the end of the night both Pistol and LongRifle were wanting to hop in the cars and leave with all the other kids, they were quite dissapointed to know it would be just them again. Getting them to sleep tonight was a cinch, Pistol didn't even want me to hold her she was so tired she immediately said "bed". I wonder if my cousins would rent out their kids to me--just a few at a time of course?!


Becky April 30, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

I am constantly amazed with your girls. They are certainly miracles. You must feel so blessed everyday over every little thing. The fact that they are talking and walking and RUNNING is amazing in itself.



  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP