Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pistol Butts In

Today was kind of an off day for us. Da'Gorgeouses woke up very early (for them) and that kind of threw off the rest of their day. They still took their nap at close to the regular time, but I could tell by the end of the night that they were exhausted. We met Grammy & Welo for dinner. LongRifle kept screaming out loud, I think she even scared a few of the other people in the restaurant, but as we left she made sure to say goodbye and give them her Queen wave as she walked out. Afterwards we headed to Costco where Pistol had somewhat of a rough time. It seems being in the same cart with her sister in such close proximity upset her and caused her to bite her sister in the arm. She's done this before, usually when her sister is bugging her, although never as hard as she did today. She actually left a large bruise and tore off a little of the top layer of skin (biting through the shirt mind you). She also had a meltdown near the coffee as soon as my parents came over to say goodbye to them. By the time we got over to smell the flowers she was okay again. I think she was just overly stimulated and overly tired. Still though, I really need advice on how to get her to stop biting (sometimes if she can't bite her sister then she just bites herself), anyone have something that will work (and that isn't going to earn me a referral to CPS)??!!

On a lighter note, as we were leaving Costco and getting ready to put the items we had purchased in the car, a nice lady passed by talking on the phone to someone and Pistol heard her say, "I'm worried about..." Well, Pistol (I suppose wanting to redeem her earlier actions by helping someone else out) said to her "don't worry". The lady stopped in her tracks and said, "don't worry?! Okay, I won't!" then turned to me and said how cute she is. Here's a tiny almost 2 year old butting into someone else's phone conversation and telling them not to worry----HILARIOUS!!!

DrillSgt. and I plan to have a yard sale this weekend and clear out some (which for them is A LOT) of the clothes that no longer fit them. It's just amazing to me how they went from having the 18 month clothes fit them so big and baggy to not really fitting them at all. I guess 3 1/2 and 4 lbs and 1 inch in height makes a huge difference in how your clothes fit. There are a few items that still have the tags on them that they just outgrew and never wore because they didn't fit and the weather didn't permit once they did, I think I'll donate those items. As for the rest, well they get pretty good use out of their clothes and I try my best to get all the stains out. They aren't super messy kids so that's not too difficult, I'm sure as they get older that will become harder and harder to do.

2 comments:

Childsplayx2 April 12, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

Swee'Pea briefly went through a biting stage but that earned her an immediate time out and she stopped quickly.

I love Costco because they CAN sit together in the cart.

Pistol's a riot with butting into a conversation!

Childsplayx2 April 12, 2008 at 7:58 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP