Thursday, June 12, 2008

A SUPER Long Day

Well, yes I did make it to that early water aerobics class. The Parks & Leisure pamphlet said it runs from 6 am to 7 am, so I was up at 5:30 and made it there on time. Of course, by the time I got there the ladies were already in the pool, turns out they all work together and meet at 5:30. Can you say that's waaaayyy early for me. But I'll be there on Friday, I had a great time and was pretty tired and sore today not to go back again. Besides, there's just something about seeing that sun peek up over that hill while you're exercising in the water, it's beautiful!

So I was home by 7:15, jumped it the shower and I guess the noise woke DrillSgt. up. He got up turned on the TV saw some commercial about a super sale at Ma+cy's and decided we were headed there today. Now it takes over an hour to travel to the nearest Ma+cy'so I told him if we were going we'd have to make a day of it. Turns out we must have made good use of our time, because we didn't get home until 11 pm! Since his choice of store happens to be located in the mall we decided we'd give our new stroller a trial run. It was smooth, easy to push and Da'Gorgeouses loved being able to sit right next to each other (although I must admit I think they were a little bit sad that this means the end of kicking each other in the head). LongRifle tried her best to let Pistol fall asleep, but that only lasted for about 5 minutes, other than that, the stroller is perfect! As we travelled through JcP LongRifle made sure to show off her singing talent and gave everyone a free show as she sang her ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, and counted her numbers, she even mixed in a few made up songs, changed up the rhythm of some of the familiar ones and cheered hooray for herself at the end. No way is that kid shy! At Koh-l's Pistol befriended a pre-school teacher that was enjoying her first day off by shopping, she let me know it was perfectly okay that my children were questioning her and talking her ear off because she had been suffering from withdrawals and they were just what she needed--LOL!!

On our way home we stopped to visit tioMan & tiaChris, and the cousins and tiaByrd and WelitaE came over too. I had a great time chatting with them and Da'Gorgeouses had a blast playing with their cousins, all of the cool toys, and even climbing up and jumping on the bed. Mostly I could tell they were way impressed by their older cousin AleXa who is four and all the neat things she can do all on her own. They were super dramatic when they had to say their goodbye's and leave, but they were also SUPER tired so I guess it all worked out. As soon as we got on the road I switched their DVD to a lullaby classics music CD and they were out within 10 seconds.

1 comments:

Life in the Crazy Lane June 13, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

Yeah, there's nothing that's gonna get me up at 5:30 a.m. *grin*

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP