Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sweet Dreams

Pistol had a hearty appetite tonight at dinner. I'm sure it helped that Welo cooked a mighty tasty chicken tonight. She didn't leave a single bite on her plate and even asked for more. It may be we're in for another growth spurt soon, I hope so, they sure could use one. She even went so far as to tell us, "mmmm, I love it! I eat it all. Delicious!" LongRifle she ate okay, but avoided the chicken, usually that's her favorite thing to eat. Their appetite fluctuates, somedays they eat okay, somedays they eat a bunch, somedays they eat very little.

LongRifle did manage to have my mom laughing tonight. Welo went outside to check on the corn he left on the BBQ grill and she immediately began whining, "oh no! That's Welo's chair, where's Welo?" We told her he had gone outside and she heard a noise and said, "What's that?!" We told her it was Welo and she seemed satified by that, but still wanted him to come back in. "Welo, come back!!" She then passed her cup to Pistol, Pistol seized the opportunity to play with it for a few seconds until LongRifle went ballistic yelling "gimmie, gimmie my cup!" Pistol handed her a cup, only it was the one she had filled with a few food items and when LongRifle looked inside she turned to Pistol and said, "Yuko-poo, blech!" Mom & I were rolling.

I was finally able to get LongRifle down to sleep, it was almost 11 pm. I don't know why but she seemed to be having a really rough time today. It wasn't constant, but she's usually not whiny, today after our trip to the library she was super whiny. It was as if she was super tired, but I don't understand why. She slept well last night, woke up this morning on her own, took a long nap, woke up on her own. I just don't know, maybe she's not feeling well, maybe she's coming down with something? Whatever it is, I hope it passes quickly.

I will fully admit though, there's nothing like holding them tightly, rocking them and comforting them. LongRifle's getting long now, especially since I'm so short, her legs dangle. She holds on tight wrapping her arms and legs around me like a monkey, I just love that! Pistol does it too sometimes, especially when she's tired, only she's a little shorter and wraps her arms around my neck. I love squeezing them tight, telling them I love you and feeling them relax and drift off into sleep. Their breathing changes, it becomes that deep, heavy breathing, and of course they eventually both snore, letting me know its time to put them down and let them spread out in the comfort of their own bed. These are the moments that remind me my dreams have come true and God has answered my prayers.

Tomorrow is a busy day for us, I'd better head off to bed. Sweet Dreams everyone! "Que Dios los cuide y que sueñen con los angelitos!" (May the Lord watch over you and may you dream with the angels.)

1 comments:

Holly June 18, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

I so know what you mean about those quiet night-time moments. I could never grow tired of holding my little one as she sleeps. Well, maybe if I had to stand the whole time:) But sitting or better yet rocking- the BEST feeling. We are truly blessed. How I wish everyone who desires to could feel that feeling...

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP