Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Birthday Presents

DrillSgt. asked me this year what I wanted for my birthday. There's a lot of things I WANT, most of them are pretty expensive, but when it comes down to it, when I think long and hard about it, I don't really NEED/WANT anything. Funny how that works. A long time ago (let's just say a little over 2 years ago) I would jump at the chance to buy myself (or have DrillSgt.) buy me something frivolous and expensive for my birthday, or Christmas, or whatever. That type of behavior doesn't happen too much any more. I feel guilty about making any BIG purchases, especially when I'm a SAHM and there are 2 little ones that require so much. Well, truth be told, they don't really NEED that much, but I find it's much more rewarding to save our money to buy things for Da'Gorgeouses. Why exactly does that happen? I guess after being married for 10 years and having all those years where I bought whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it just isn't as fun anymore. Did I really just say that?! Who knew I ever had it in me?! So this year I don't WANT anything, besides when I really think about it, what present could ever top this one?! My greatest gift of all was our 10 year anniversary, my 1st Mother's Day gift, and 36 birthday gift all wrapped up into TWO!!

4 comments:

Helene July 2, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

Happy birthday!!! I can totally relate to not having fun shopping for myself anymore! When Tim asks me what I want, I'll usually tell him "oh, there's this great new toy I wanna get for the kids". It's all about the kids now, which is completely fine with me! Just seeing their little faces light up is enough present for me!

Holly July 2, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

Happy Birthday:) I hope you're having/had a wonderful time at Disneyland with the family. CUTE picture- I was just going through some pictures of my little one with baby fat...I miss it!

gardngirl July 6, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

Happy belated birthday to you..Happy belated birthday to you..Happy belated birthday, Mama Changa...Happy birthday to you!!!

Be thankful you were spared an off-key, live version!:)

Hope you had a great one!

You're right, our little ones are truly the best of all gifts.

Skeller July 7, 2008 at 7:28 AM  

Awwww... sounds like a grown-up voice of wisdom...

(besides all that "stuff" eventually just needs to be dusted! :-}

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP