Sunday, July 13, 2008

Daddy's Girls

Da'Gorgeouses spent most of their day yesterday playing with DrillSgt. I guess I was busy getting their breakfast ready, washing the dishes, giving them a bath, making lunch, ironing clothes, packing their bag to stay at Grammy & Welo's house, and getting ready for our date last night. I do remember playing with them, but I guess he's right, he spent most of the day entertaining them. No wonder they were so energetic and in such a good mood, they had an almost exclusive daddy's girls day yesterday.

I been meaning to take pictures of them some time during the past two days, I've just forgotten to. I look at them and see how their cheeks are filling out once again, how they're so ready for naps and bed, they must be working on growing again. And talking, well, they're talking non-stop and using sentences. LongRifle told me as I walked in to pick her up, "Elmo shirt. Grandma bought this shirt." Yes, Grammy did buy that Elmo shirt especially for you and Pistol. During lunch she said, "Where's Welo, where's Grammy?" When I answered Welo & Grammy are home and asked her if she wanted to spend the night with them, she looked me straight in the eye and said, "Yes, I do!"

Our date went well. We headed out for a movie (our usual date of choice) and watched Hancock. I really liked it, kind of a different spin on the super hero, funny and touching at the same time. I think it also helped that they used some of the familiar "oldies" (as my students would call it) music from my growing up era, and of course the very familiar Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Will Smith. How weird that "oldies" to me means the music my parents listened to in the 60's and oldies to them means the music I listened to from the 80's. After the movie we had dinner and headed back home for a night of restful sleep. I did miss Da'Gorgeouses and wanted to call to see how they were, but it was way too late (who knows though, last time Grammy said they didn't go to sleep until midnight).

2 comments:

gardngirl July 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

Isn't it funny how when you have a date night, you miss your little ones like it's been ages since you saw them last?

Then when you see them again, it's like they've matured and grown a little extra while you've been apart.

Glad you guys had a good time. It's great to have Mom & Daddy time! :)

Holly July 13, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

I can't wait until we have family come into town so we can have a date night. I so miss going to movies! I'm glad you had fun followed by a good night's sleep:)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP