Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Deep, Peaceful Sleep

Da'Gorgeouses, DrillSgt. and I headed over to Grammy & Welo's house today. They love being over there, especially since they get sooo much attention from everyone. We had lunch there, ALL took a nap in the heat of the day, it was nice to spend time out of our house and in the home I spent so much time in when I was growing up. There is just something so comforting about falling asleep in your parents house. My parents would crack jokes and laugh when I would come home from college and sleep like the dead. They'd say I'd probably spent too much time out partying (I was a super good girl, although we did go out some, M-F I made it to my 8 am classes---and ALWAYS had 8 am classes during my college days). I finally told them that I felt so safe when I fell asleep at home, I didn't have to worry about anything, Mom & Dad were there to watch over and protect me. I think after I told them that, they finally understood.

Even DrillSgt. admits that there's nothing like falling asleep at my parents house. He has similar stories about coming home on leave and falling asleep on the couch of the house that he grew up in. His mom has since moved in with his sisters, so he doesn't have the luxury of doing that anymore, I'm glad that he's adopted my parents house for that. Right before sitting down to type today's blog post, I walked in to check on Da'Gorgeouses. They are sprawled out, sleeping heavily and peacefully, tired from their day of playing and rough housing at Welo's. I pray that someday down the road, whether it be from college or with their own little ones in tow, they too come home to our house and sleep that deep, peaceful sleep because they feel loved and protected and free from worry at mamá and papá's house.

2 comments:

Kellan July 12, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

So nice to hear that your husband is just as comfortable in your families home as in his own - that is the way it should be!

Hope you are having a good weekend - nice to see you today. Take care - Kellan

Holly July 13, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

I love the way you write...and I'm sure they will feel exactly the way you described:)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP