Monday, July 7, 2008

My MIL

We took Da'Gorgeouses to visit WelitaE today and as a bonus they got to see tiaBird. When they were smaller, it was difficult for Pistol and LongRifle to open up right away as they really didn't see them all that much. It's amazing how a few months can change all that, their memories are so much better and they now walk in and head straight for Welita and give her a big ol' hug. I think it helps that she has a huge fish tank that she's usually sitting next to, that just lures them in.

We had a great visit and spent some quality time with her. I just love my mother in law. I know there are a lot of people out there that can't say that, but I'm truly blessed. She's a sweet, kind lady and she raised 10 successful children all by herself after her husband died, they ranged in ages from 18 all the way down to 1 year old. All graduated from high school, most have their bachelor's degree, 4 their Master's, all are employed in one way or another in the service sector, helping others, that makes her pretty amazing in my book. Not to mention she raised DrillSgt. and as far as I'm concerned he's right up there with homemade carrot cake and caramel apples (just two/three of my favorite things)!

2 comments:

Skeller July 7, 2008 at 7:24 AM  

Mega kudos to your MIL. Having a wonderful mother-in-law is simply wonderful. I love mine, too :-)

Holly July 7, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

We think so much alike sometimes it's scary! I feel the same way about my hubby, mother-in-law and (unfortunately) the desserts:)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP