Friday, July 18, 2008

Not Really

DrillSgt. and I were talking about Da'Gorgeouses the other night about how they're growing so fast and right before our eyes. Some times we look at the pictures from when we first brought them home. It's just amazing at how small they were and how much they grown, and how far they've come. Since they are our first and we don't really have any exposure to any other children (our nieces and nephews and most of our godchildren don't live nearby) we don't have any comparisons, which ends up being a good thing overall. Da'Gorgeouses are 2 now, and according to their PHN and their Bright Start staff, overall they're caught up. Sure they still have some problems with their walking skills, but I see those improving daily. They have more confidence and even when they fall, they get right back up and try again. It's funny but they won't cry (most of the time) and they'll hold out whichever limb/body part was injured for a beso (kiss). I'll tell you, I've never kissed so much butt in my life!

Sometimes though I do stop and think, they aren't really 2 yet, not really. Sure they were born in May, but they weren't due until the end of August, the beginning of September. Most likely, had I not had the infection, things were going so well,they probably would have held out until August. Some day I'm sure I'll stop thinking about that, most days it doesn't even cross my mind. Still, EVERY DAY they amaze me and make me so grateful for God's miracles.





**Update: Turns out we aren't going camping after all :( My nephew ended up with Scarlet Fever somehow and we don't want to expose Da'Gorgeouses to it (even though they said it would be fine after 24 hours of antibiotics) just not willing to take that chance. So we'll see where we end up going after all. So sad, I was actually looking forward to a new adventure!

Here's some pics from yesterday. A day out with the Princesses (is that how you pluralize princess?!)













4 comments:

Helene July 18, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

Look at how big and beautiful your girls are!! They really are true miracles...twins born at 23 weeks and now look at them! It's amazing is what it is!! You've obviously done a wonderful job with them!

I read your post on potty training and had to laugh about wondering if you could teach them to change each other's diapers! If you figure it out, please lemme know so I can get Garrett and Landon working on it ASAP!!!

Unknown July 18, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

They are beautiful! :)

Holly July 19, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

Not that I would wish a NICU stay on any parent (or baby for that matter), but I know for me (and it sounds like for you, too) one positive outcome is that it is now impossible for me to ever take my little one for granted. Every single moment is special, even when she's being somewhat bratty- or should I say challenging:)- I welcome it, with joy.
I also think it made our girls tough. You mentioned da'gorgeouses don't usually cry and we also marvel at our little flower's tenacity. Pffft, they survived a stay in the NICU, everything else is chump change!

gardngirl July 20, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

Those pictures are sooo beautiful, MamaChanga...The girls look like they are having so much fun. It is so awesome to capture moments like these in a photo.

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP