Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Life of It's Own

You know, most days I sit to write my blog posts, I already have an idea of what I want to write about. I usually intend for it to be an account of Da'Gorgeouses day, a recap of the highlights and the never-ending amazing things they do, but some days it just doesn't work out like that. Take yesterday's post for instance, I had intended to write about their last summer session at the Bright Start walking group (which they did very well in btw), but somehow the post took on a life of its own and ended up being about DrillSgt. I went with it though, because there is something very important in sharing with your children why you married your spouse and all of the things you find wonderful about them. So I didn't write about how Pistol and LongRifle confidently participated in all of the obstacles and completed them with flying colors. I didn't tell about LongRifle's expression of empathy by blowing kisses to the little girl who was crying. I didn't share Pistol's laughter as she rolled down the foam hill and then tried to roll up it. Instead I shared the intimate, heartfelt details of why I love their father, and in doing so hope that someday they find a man as kind and caring and full of laughter as him, a man who will treat them like a queen while still maintaining his role as king.

But again I digress, so on to my intended post for the day. I think I'll do it in as few words as possible with a couple of pics thrown in.



Here's a sample of Da'Gorgeouses in the morning,
it's usually minus the croc tears but ALWAYS the hair!



And here's the photos from our "Concert In the Park" trip...

A view of the crowd, which we sat VERY far away from




After dinner dessert (yes, I did take the bibs along)!




Pistol shaking her finger at me and saying,

"NO more camera, no more pictures, I want OUT!"



Pistol and LongRifle ignoring me, hoping mamá will

put the camera down and get us out.



As you can see, we eventually did let them out. We

even went to the swings (although I didn't take any

pictures of that)




So overall, we had a GREAT time, like I said, I'm so glad DrillSgt. is an adventuresome, daring kind of guy. Stay tuned for pictures of our camping trip to be posted after this weekend!

1 comments:

gardngirl July 17, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

I think I must be very hormonal lately...your posts are making me teary. :)

So glad you had fun at the concert. They had some great performers coming to those. I was impressed.

You guys are troopers to actually go and to be outside in this heat! Poor Red is getting cabin fever, we've been inside so much.

I think it's because of my work. Cool office, hot car, cool/hot home,hotter car, hotter house, cool office...blah, blah, blah!

I really do LOVE my job despite these crazy days of summer! :)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP