Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Casa Improvement: Playroom

Why didn't we do this earlier?! The playroom is finished, (except for the semi-bare walls & we still need a kids table and chairs), but Da'Gorgeouses finally had access to it today. They LOVED it!! They didn't want to leave the room, they cried, dragged their feet, thanked papá SEVERAL times for it, it was a HUGE success. They seem so much happier playing together in the playroom and there is plenty of space for them to do their own thing if they don't want to play together. It's safe, I don't have to stress. Watching them today made me tear up and my voice cracked as I thanked DrillSgt. for all of his hard work. I'll try to take a few more pics so you can see the entire room, but here's a couple for now.

The bright yellow color was already there.
The kitchenette was a DrillSgt. yard sale steal @ $5,
the cute desk was another yard sale find @ $3, and
those cute red chairs were another yard sale find @ $5!


That bookcase next to LongRifle is already full
of books. Yes, they really do have that many toys,
and they were all in our livingroom (without the
cute organizing bins). That gate spans the entire length
of the room AND my computer is right next to that empty
playdough box! EVERYTHING is bolted down and
super-duper safe!!! THANKS again, Papá!!

4 comments:

isabel August 12, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

HI, just love the way you keep up the blog thing!!! Isaiah and I just love the girls playroom. He say's he wants to go over and play with his 'PRIMAS' he just loves saying that word!!! I hope everyone is doing great.. This has been a very long summer!! Anthony and Rosemary are ready to start school. I think they are tried of cleaning everyday!!!
Well now ISAIAH would like to say hi!!!....
hghtrjhethtjhhhh6hvhfn4i
isaiah (he did that all by himself)

SEE YOU ALL SOON

Skeller August 13, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

Totally brilliant and wonderful!!! It sounds like a perfect set-up. I'm so glad they love it - makes your job easier :-)

Helene August 13, 2008 at 6:30 PM  

Can I hire Drill Sgt to do a playroom for us???!! That room is awesome!!! We desperately need to do something in our home b/c I'm so tired of our family room being cluttered with toys. I like the little magnet thingie on the wall...very creative! What about adding some blackboard paint along one of the walls so they can color with chalk? I can see why the girls don't want to leave that room!!!

Holly August 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Wow, I never find deals like that at yard sales! I predict lots of fun for da'gorgeouses in the new playroom, it looks great:)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP