Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ch-ch-cha-changes

So Da'Gorgeouses had their first taste of waking up to Grammy instead of Mamá yesterday. She said they were a little confused, Pistol was somewhat in a daze for a little bit and LongRifle griped some, but overall it went well. We were home by lunchtime and DrillSgt. ate with us quickly then had to leave to return to work. Pistol had a hard time with that part, but since Angel was down for a visit she was quickly distracted. They spent a lot of time in their playroom and actually asked to go in there. I noticed they are more tired after they play in there, of course climbing all over everything would be the cause of that. Dinner went well, but getting them out of the playroom and ready for bed was a struggle. I think they were still a little stressed from the major changes (mommy going back to work---wait until I'm gone pretty much all day those 2 days a week---uuuugggghhh) not to mention they kept asking to "get out, go in playroom." I finally had to have a calming chat with them, telling them we would be back to the normal routine. "Go to bed, mommy wake you up, change your diaper, have breakfast and we'll go to the playroom, but you have to go to sleep right now." That seemed to do the trick, they calmed down and fell asleep about 10 minutes after that.

I joined Freecycle a few months ago & today I managed to get them a red tricycle. If you haven't heard about it, you should really check it out. It's a good way to give away things you no longer want to someone in your area who is in need. There are a few rules like it has to be free & you have to be willing to go pick it up. It was pretty cool, the lady posted the offer, I emailed her, she emailed me back & it turns out she lives right down the street from me. Not only that but when she came to drop off the tricycle (she offered since she was running an errand anyway) I asked her if she had any need for a computer desk. Turns out she did! Her husband had just built a computer and it is taking up space on their counter. We had taken the old, bulky one we had out and replaced it with a corner desk that took up less space in their playroom. She took a look at it and said it would be perfect! Funny how things just worked out for the both of us.

2 comments:

Helene August 13, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

That's great that you were able to get a free trike for the girls!! I love Freecyle! I have a garage full of toys and baby things I need to list on there!

I hope the transition goes well as you return to work. The girls sound like they love their playroom!

Holly August 13, 2008 at 7:54 PM  

I'll have to join the local freecycle, that is such a cool idea. Hopefully, one of these days, the excitement of the playroom will translate into exhaustion come bedtime!

I hope work is treating you well:)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP