Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We Did It!!

I have a friend that has TWO sets of TWINS, yes, you read that right, TWO!! I read her blog daily and she always makes me smile. She is just so amazing to me, I mean I read her blog and the things she does with her kids and I'm just in awe, I only have two and sometimes it's all I can do to keep my head on straight. After reading her blog I always feel like a weakling for not doing more by myself, I mean she's got FOUR kids and she drags takes them all over the place. So yesterday I braved it and took them to story time @ the library by myself (usually I drag along Grammy or DrillSgt. when they're available).

Da'Gorgeouses did wonderfully, they stayed nearby, sat down most of the time, interacted with other little kids in their immediate area and checked out the shiny shoes and pretty barrettes on some of the older little girls nearby. They stood up to dance and participated during the songs, repeated a few of the words that were being read in the story, and even did a good job coloring their butterflies (which was the craft for the day). They only time I had even the slightest bit of trouble was while I was trying to check out the books and videos at the counter, they got away from me a few times and LongRifle started to check out (pull out) a few books from the shelves on her own. We had a great time and now that we've done it and survived, we'll be doing it again.

A nice lady came up and introduced herself to me while we were there, she didn't actually give me her name, but she knew mine and said we went to school with together and she married one of the guys I went to school with since kindergarten. Not only did I have this in common with her, but it turns out she had 2 preemies of her own, born six years apart but both 30 weekers, her youngest is almost two. I'll be looking for her next time, maybe we can chat some more. I am a little embarrassed because I don't remember her name, maybe GrdnGirl our former PHN can help me out. Yoohoo...hello, GrdnGirl, are you back from your 10 day vacation yet?! Can you please tell me that nice lady's name? I've been hearing a lot of stories about people from my graduating class having difficulties either getting pregnant or having preemies. Makes me wonder if there's a connection or is it just that common of an occurrence?!

4 comments:

gardngirl August 20, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

Her name is Jennifer. You two have one more thing in commom...Me! She had mentioned seeing you and the girls at the library. She thought that the girls may have been preemies. As you learned, both of her girls were born prematurely. She's a really nice person. :)

She and her family used to be the owners Jenny Lynn's. Yum Yum!!!

Unknown August 20, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

Glad you had a good time at the library. I always follow Helene's blog too, it's awesome!

Helene August 20, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

Awww, thanks for your comments...it warms my heart!! I'm glad you felt inspired to take the girls to story time! It sounds like they did really well and enjoyed it. And you made a new friend, to boot!!

I nominated you for an award!!! Check out the post from my blog today for details!

Holly August 20, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

Yay for storytime! Hey, I only have one and I have a hard time getting out of the house some days, I admire you for doing it with two. I'm looking forward to storytime in the fall:)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP