Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Always Wondered...

Well, we did it, we made it through the first work week (well, it is only 2 days for me), and we survived. I did miss Da'Gorgeouses terribly, I did feel confused, disoriented and slightly overwhelmed that first day, but yesterday was better, and we don't have to do it again until next Monday---Hooray!!! LongRifle is still protesting slightly, she's not eating as well, and I'm beginning to get a little concerned. Anyone have any advice on how to get her to eat a little better, we practically have to feed it to her in her mouth in order to get her to eat anything. I'm even beginning to wonder if maybe her reflux may be back.

DrillSgt. said they did well last night, they played, snacked, watched a movie, read books and obviously were exhausted from all they had done because by the time I arrived home, they'd almost fallen asleep. I even made sure to try to be home before 9:30 to try to catch them awake. They both opened their eyes slightly, enough for me to give them a goodnight kiss, but after that, they were out. They're in good hands though, papá is getting his one-on-two alone time. They did break my heart just a little as I was walking out the door last night, I could hear them yelling and trying to open the door "No, you don't have to go to work! Come back!" Awww, I guess now I know what it's like to be missed.

On a lighter note, I was given a blogging award today, thank you Helene, you really brightened my day! I'll post more about it soon & I'll have my list of blogs to pass it on to.

3 comments:

Kellan August 21, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

Oh, I'm glad that work is going well and the babies will get used to it soon. Maybe to encourage eating, just make sure there are lots of choices of things she loves or fun things like dipping sauces (peanut butter, ranch dressing, ketsup ...) with apples and carrots and cookies to dip in it. Popcicles too and smoothies are good to get them to eat.

Take care and see you soon - Kellan

Anonymous August 21, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

I am a fellow preemie mom just saying hello. I need to be working but thats not possible right now. It must be hard.
Beautiful babies btw.

Anonymous August 21, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

Good luck with getting back to work. I don't really have too much advice on the eating. I really think that toddlers just go through that phase here and there. There are days when my toddler barely eats anything and days when she's a little piggy. You should def follow your instincts though if you don't think she's getting enough.

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP