Friday, August 15, 2008

Welcome Back...

So LongRifle woke up feeling much better today, well...at least she was no longer running a temp. She was however, still whiny and slightly crabby, but at least I didn't have to worry about her being super sick---now if I could only get her to eat a little more. Both of Da'Gorgeouses are feeling and responding to the new schedule we're on around here. I think that may be why we've been getting those other behaviors. In time they will adjust, for now we must be patient and understanding and give hugs, lots of hugs.

DrillSgt. said things went pretty well tonight, I had to attend a staff meeting from 4 to 9 pm, so by the time he came home, I headed out the door, and by the time I returned my precious babies were all snuggled and asleep in their cribs. I had figured they would be, but it doesn't mean I didn't miss holding them and rocking them for a little while, and doesn't mean I didn't miss having dinner with my family. In time I will adjust, for now I must be patient and understanding, and I'll need hugs, lots and lots of hugs.

On the bright side, going back to work was a good thing, I love teaching. I was smiling and humming and I didn't even notice until one of my colleagues pointed it out. She turned to me and said, "Boy, you're a bright and cheery person, smiling and humming, just look at you!" So I looked at her, smiled and quickly responded, "I'm back, I'm working, I'm talking to other adults, AND I still get to spend time with my girls!" Life is wonderful, and I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to do this.


There is one thing though, I can't seem to get the theme to
Welcome Back Kotter out of my head!?

1 comments:

The Hanna Family August 16, 2008 at 6:21 AM  

Hi there! Thanks for all your cute comments on my blog. I appreciate your support. You will love the Yahoo! group. They are amazing and an awesome network of friends.

Your girls are adorable! Wow! They did so well in the NICU and neither with bleeds? What a blessing! Girls do better then preemie boys, that is for sure.

Stay in touch!

Michelle Hanna

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP