Thursday, August 14, 2008

And It Begins...

So LongRifle woke me up Tues. night calling out that her "teta fall down." Easy enough request I figured, I'll stumble out of bed, go in, pick it up, turn on their sleep CD and crawl back into bed, 2 minutes tops right?! WRONG!! I get there and notice through my still half closed eyes, she's got some funky white stuff coming out of her nose, so I move closer. Hmmmm, there's white stuff down her arm and a terrible smell emanating from her, dare I look in her bed? Yup, it's puke. Thank goodness she wasn't crying. I picked her up, headed to the bathroom to clean her up, change her shirt (how she managed to completely avoid the pj bottoms is beyond me. Then of course I had to change the bed. So I picked up her teta, gave it to her, set her on the rocking chair and she proceeded to watch me change her bed, she also carried on a conversation with me, none of which I remember right now. All in all it took about 20 minutes, not bad. I also noticed she was getting a bit warm, gave her some Motrin and put her back down. No problem, she was totally ready to get back to sleep.

She did however wake up yesterday morning with a fever of 102. Off and on she just kind of dragged about, not really wanting to eat much, but by the evening she was laughing and smiling and her temp was down to 99. I'm hoping it was just a 24 hour bug, but I figure now that I'm going back to work (and exposing myself to all those teenager germs) this will probably be happening a lot more often.

Funny thing to think about. When this stuff happened to me a year ago to either of the girls, it would send me into complete panic mode. What's wrong with my baby, oh no, let's call the doc, we've got to try and keep the other one healthy (yeah, right, who am I kidding?). Now it's SOP, she's got a fever, give her some meds, lots of fluids, let the other one drink out of her cup and get it over with as quickly as possible. I feel like an old pro! (Just don't ask me how I reacted when my 10 year old goddaughter had a raging headache. Mine I know what to do, OPK's not so much---LOL!!).

1 comments:

Holly August 14, 2008 at 2:50 PM  

Glad to hear da'gorgeouses illnesses are less stressful for you now. I've been VERY lucky so far, the little flower has hardly ever been sick. It's bound to happen sooner or later, I'm just glad we've lasted as long as we have. I hope your little one is feeling better:)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP