Tuesday, August 26, 2008

While They Lay Sleeping...

While Da'Gorgeouses took a nap yesterday I decided to be productive, QUIET but productive. Not only did I manage to finish the laundry, but I took the opportunity to make them a few hair bows. Since I have such girlie girls and they are really into the wearing pretty ribbons & flowers in their hair (and the prices for buying them premade are ridiculous), I decided to try my own. I'd say not bad for the first time, (those are made from fake flowers, ribbon, metal clips, a shiny stone and some hot glue). Hey Tia Na-Na, want to bring over some of your cute ribbon & supplies, we can make some bows before you have to leave tomorrow?!






DrillSgt. said he had a rough night with them last night. I guess they were a little worked up and difficult to control (welcome to my world and be glad it was only for 3 hours). LongRifle is having the toughest time of it, and it doesn't help that it's difficult for others to understand what she's saying (mom knows because she's usually translating 24/7). In time it will get better...I know it will.

*******************************************************************************

Oh yeah, I forgot to post the funny (albeit slightly ego-bashing) comment I got the other day. DrillSgt. and I took Da'Gorgeouses to a second hand store on the "other" side of town, we spent a little bit of time looking around the inside and the store owner came over and watched us for a little while. When it came time for us to pay, she looked straight at me and said, "So you've got your grandchildren with you today?" LOL!! WTF?! I mean, I know it had been a rough week but seriously do I look like a grandmother? So after picking my mouth up off of the floor, I looked straight at her and said, "No, these are my daughters. We just got a late start." She looked slightly embarrassed (but not really) and said, "Oh, that's a good thing, good for you." Okay, so anyone have any suggestions on what kind of face cream to buy, if those are the comments I'm getting now and they're TWO, I'm soooo not looking forward to their teenage years--LOL!! DrillSgt. said not to worry about it, it's probably status quo to get people our age in there with their grandchildren, being as it is the "other" side of town.

3 comments:

Holly August 26, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

Oooh, I love the hair clips...maybe next time you can show step-by-step pictures (you know with all your free time and all):) And about the comment, ouch! I guess it's better than "So I see you're expecting another" or something along those lines- LOL. FWIW- you do not look like a grandmother!

Leslie August 27, 2008 at 4:31 AM  

productive during a nap, I always have the best of intentions...

fun getting to read back on old posts... maybe this not sleeping at night thing has its advantages... :)

btw your girlies are looking so so big on the post with there "new to them" basketball goal!

Anonymous August 27, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

Cute hair clips! I love naps *sigh* LOL

WHAT?? Someone thought you were the granny??? That's ridiculous!

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP