Sunday, September 14, 2008

Trip to the Petting Zoo (Next Door)

So I've spent the last few days working on something, I don't have any pictures to show and I'm not finished yet. But I will tell you that working on it has been fun so far and it's brought back some very nice memories of my Welita (TxG).

Our county is in the midst of fair days, we took Da'Gorgeouses last year, but this year we decided it was just too pricey to go. We really liked taking them to see and pet all the animals, but they decided not to allow that this year. So yesterday we took them to visit our next door neighbors (who by the way bought us 3 hens at a yard sale yesterday---yes, they sell chickens at yard sales where we live-- our neighbors felt sorry for our lonely rooster). Anyway, our neighbors are such darling people, always looking our for us, watching our property, stopping by to visit and chat mainly I think to see the girls. They have 7 horses, a bunch of chickens, lot's of dogs and 2 nanny goats. Da'Gorgeouses had a wonderful time feeding the goats, petting the horses and even petting their new chickens. It was way better (and way cheaper) than going to the fair---LOL!!

Grammy and Welo celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary yesterday too! We took over breakfast (and Da'Gorgeouses) before they left on their trip to the coast. I hope they have a wonderful time and a safe trip there and back. After all they've been through these last few weeks they really deserve a happy and relaxing trip.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. DrillSgt. picked up a sewing machine for $15 yesterday. I know nothing about sewing and I've been bugging to learn, even if it's just to hem. It's an older machine, but in working condition (the lady sewed on it for him) and I figure as long as I can sew a straight line on it, it'll be good enough for now. After all, I should probably learn the basics before I spend any great amount of $ on it. Anyone know where I can take a basic sewing class? We live in a small town (remember our newly acquired chickens were bought at a yard sale) so I don't think we have any local sewing shops here. I'm even thinking of contacting my former colleague that taught Home Ec. at my old school and see if she'd be willing to teach me. I seriously don't have a clue of where to even start.

1 comments:

Holly September 14, 2008 at 5:58 PM  

I've wanted to learn how to sew ever since I started reading Soulemama's blog- she makes such sweet things and I would love to be able to do the same. When I moved here, I googled "sewing lessons Madison" and found a local sewing guild that had information about private sewing lessons. I know Joann's fabrics has lessons as well, but I'm not sure if you have one close enough to you. Lastly, you could try Craigslist. They usually have a "classes/lessons" section that you might have luck with. Too bad we don't live in the same town...I would love to learn how to sew with you!

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP