Saturday, October 25, 2008

Once Upon A Dream...

Those of you that know me personally may have noticed that I'm in desperate need of a haircut, the old hair in a bun/ponytail just isn't doing it for me anymore, besides I need some time to get used to a new do before the formal event on November 8th. It's been a long time (I think I blogged about it months ago) since I've even made time to do something for myself. So today I'm off to get a haircut! Wish me luck, since I'm thinking of cutting enough of it off so as NOT to be able to pull it back into a ponytail or bun (my usual hairstyle of choice)---LOL! On another note, I won a treat for myself. It seems that Kathy over at PinkChalk Studio had a random giveaway on her blog for her new pencil roll pattern and I won! Hooray! Now I have something to practice using my sewing machine for, I'm totally excited!!

On a much different note, Da'Gorgeouses are so much better today! Hooray! DrillSgt. stayed home from work today since he was feeling under the weather also. It turned out to be a good thing for all of us, we all got some good rest & I was able to take care of a few things around the house. Grammy made and brought us all delicious chicken soup for lunch and I'll tell you what she must have put a lot of love into making that pot of chicken soup because everyone was feeling so much better after lunch, it seems that Pistol was feeling so well when she was asked what she wanted to drink for mimi-time she replied in a serious tone, "I prefer to drink juice for mimi-time." Cracked us all up! Seriously?! That kid actually said, "I PREFER" what the heck?! DrillSgt. made a comment that once she gets to school none of her classmates are going to understand what the heck she's saying. When we recounted the event to Marisa and included DrillSgt's. comment (and after she got over her laughter) she told us she'd shared the whole "Why does this have to be so hard, this rabbit's going to starve!" story to Joan and had her laughing herself silly. Pistol's trying really hard to hold conversations with anyone who will listen and interact with her.

LongRifle isn't lagging far behind either. She's usually less talkative than Pistol but when she does speak she's also using complex sentences. Her "Where we going mama?" is now asked and answered. "We're going to Target with Grammy." "Did you hear that? That noise was a chicken." "Sissy wants milk, she doesn't want juice." And they can both sing the entire Sleeping Beauty song. I swear it makes me want to cry every time I hear their little voices sing it. The first time I heard LongRifle sing it, she'd just wrapped her little arms around my neck and put her cheek next to mine and started singing in my ear..."I know you, I walk(ed) with you once upon a d(r)eam. I know you, the g(l)eam in your eyes is so familiar a g(l)eam. And I know it's true that (v)isions are (s)eldom what they seem, but if I know you, I know what you'll do, you'll love me at once, the way you did once...upon a d(r)eam...

You can bet I had tears streaming down my face, after all up until May of 2006, I'd only walked with my 2 GORGEOUSES once upon a dream! Now here they are hugging me and dancing with me cheek to cheek and singing "Once Upon A Dream"!

0 comments:

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP