Friday, October 10, 2008

Sewing Playdate!

We (Da'Gorgeouses and I) had such a wonderful time at GrdnGirls house today. Da'Gorgeouses had a blast playing with Red, and I had a great time learning how to sew with his mom, and the "Flower" that she had teaching us was and ever so patient lady. It was so very nice to have time to sit and chat, and wonder, and figure out all this new stuff (VERY new to me because she'd already had some practice on her machine). So today I learned how to wind the bobbin, thread my machine and sew a straight stitch (with the correct type of thread). Even though those few things took up all of the time we were there, I have to admit that I'm inspired now. I even came home and sewed a little on my machine tonight (I still haven't finished those fraternal twin dolls yet). On the way there, Da'Gorgeouses were already looking forward to playing with Red. When we got there they were so animated, chasing Red, dancing, talking up a storm, poor Red they probably left him just short of exhaustion (although, if that was the case, I'm sure GrdnGirl didn't mind too much).

I even had an opportunity to view GrdnGirls creations up close and personal. That mini-book she made is super cute, and now she's using her craftiness to get ready for the Harvest Festival at Red's pre-school. How she comes up with all this stuff is beyond me, and that robot costume Red will be wearing, seriously looking to win some costume prizes this year.

I'm already looking forward to the next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous October 13, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

I am going to try to learn to sew sometime. I taught myself to crochet last year and I'm still not great at that but I'm getting better all the time. These things take time to get REALLY good at. I just have to learn to patient with the time it takes to learn. Good luck, share your projects when you start finishing them, I would love to see them!

gardngirl October 14, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

I had an awesome time too!!! I am feeling quite inspired and have recently purchased two sewing books featuring projects that I am dying to start!

My friend was telling me that "Flower" had a wonderful time and is looking forward to our next meeting! I can't wait either... We'll have to set a date!

Red had a ball as well and was no worse for the wear. He was just like the energizer bunny and didn't stop until bedtime!

Hey, what are you doing Thursday morning? I'm planning to do a little shopping in Exeter.

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP