Wednesday, November 5, 2008

You Were There!

So all day yesterday the excitement kept building. I was anticipating the election results knowing that no matter how things turned out it was going to be a monumental event in the history of our country. I wanted to have a voice in that, I wanted to vote, and not only did I want to vote but I wanted to take Da'Gorgeouses along with me so that they could be a part of it too! I talked to them all day, telling them it was Election Day a very important day, Pistol asked, "What's that?" So I explained that it was a day where we were going to vote to elect our next President, and she said, "You gonna vote for me?!" I laughed and told her she was still too little, but that if she ever ran of course I'd vote for her! We waited until DrillSgt. came home, drove down to our polling place and made sure to bring along a lollipop to keep them a little distracted while we voted (it only kind of worked btw). After we were done we all picked up our stickers (even Da'Gorgeouses got one) and headed over to Grammy & Welo's for dinner & to watch the election results as a family. Da'Gorgeouses kept saying, "I VOTED, I voted!!"

1 comments:

Anne November 7, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

Such a good thing to take the girls with you to vote ... and Pistol can rest assured I would have voted for her if I could have! :)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP