Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update....

So my blog updates have been neglected to say the least. I was super busy, then we were on Spring Break, I attended a teacher's recruitment fair, was offered and signed a contract with my former school district, so now I'll have a full-time job come August. I'm of course both excited and saddened. Thrilled to have landed a job in this economy but a little sad that Da'Gorgeouses and I will see less of each other. They'll be staying with Grammy for the most part, looking into part-time daycare for the socialization and so that they don't drive Grammy to complete exhaustion--LOL!!

Da'Gorgeouses are doing well. They had their first dental appointment Tuesday of last week, no cavities, but the fact that they're preemies and that they have to take the inhaler medications means that their teeth are super fragile. As a matter of fact, most of the enamel off of Pistol's front teeth has been worn away. Both DrillSgt. and I were super sad to hear that. At least the dentist said we were doing a good job with brushing because although their teeth are pitted the fact that they have no cavities is a good indicator. They both did well, had a cleaning and a fluoride treatment.

We also took them to Disneyland again during Spring Break. Overall they had a great time. We stood in a long line to see the Princesses and even bought them one of those ridiculously priced autograph books so they could get signatures. I didn't think that at their age they would even understand or be excited about it, but they were! After the first stop with the Princesses they made sure to ask for their books each time they met another character. If you ask them which one was their favorite they'll both tell you Tigger (must be a genetic thing 'cause he's always been my favorite too!).

We did have one MAJOR meltdown while there which was our fault for not getting back to the hotel within a reasonable time for a nap, and one very embarrassing moment for me. As we were coming out of the Jungle Cruise we ran straight into Princess Jasmine and her hubby Aladdin, of course Da'Gorgeouses spotted her right away and quickly asked for their books and got in line to wait. As we were waiting, both girls were fairly calm and really focused on her. Pistol hanging with her dad turns to me and loudly says, "Mom! Princess Jasmine has big boobies like you!" This exclamation was heard very clearly by the group of teenagers directly behind us. Without skipping a beat (I had to say something right?!) I said, "You're right darling, she does, only hers are MUCH perkier than mine!" Of course then to further add to my embarrassment, once they got up close and personal, LongRifle just couldn't keep her hands off of all the bling that adorned Princess Jasmine's top...you know, the one that looks just like a bra?!

And just so you don't think I made this all up...




HugsBlessings

MChangaSiggy

6 comments:

Tracy March 25, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

too stinkin' funny!

Unknown March 25, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

hilarious

Holly March 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

Yay, you're back! I hope it is a smooth transition for the whole family when you start your new job. Glad you all had a good time on Spring break- I can't think of a better place for a little girl to go! That picture of Longrifle is hilarious:)

bonnieearly March 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

I don't think that's the first time a toddler has groped Jasmine's knockers. LOL Too funny.

Jenn March 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

That is just TOOOOO funny!!!! Out of the mouths of babes!!!! You poor thing!

PMKU April 1, 2009 at 3:05 AM  

Here comes the prize train....TOOT TOOT!!!! You're a winner, stay tuned! #1261

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP