Monday, July 20, 2009

Hmm...Wanna Guess Who Had a Hard Day?



Not a single tear, no whining, no complaints, as a matter of fact...we had to REMIND them to give us a kiss as we dropped them off at their first day of preschool today!! Being the cautious mommy that I am, I packed their backpacks with TWO sets of clothes this morning and I'm happy to report that BOTH sets came back (yes, mom, we told our teacher we needed to go potty). HOORAY!!




Okay, so I will admit, I'm SUPER proud of them...and I'll also admit that both DrillSgt. and I had a hard time with it all today. We both complained of feeling nauseous, of tightness in our chests, and of slightly watery eyes (which magically disappeared as soon as we walked in to pick them up). We wondered if we should call and check in on them, we had a difficult time knowing what to do without them (let's just say the laundry basket is finally empty), and the house was so quiet I had to turn on the music. We said we'd pick them up at 4pm and then ended up getting there at 3:30 (it's just down the street from our house---LOL!!) I'm seriously glad that they handled it well, and I'm really happy that we started a few weeks early and I didn't have to worry about their first day at preschool AND my first day back at work.



Secretly, I'm also happy that they were both ready to come home too!



LongRifle said, "Come on mom, let's go home!"





HugsBlessings

MChangaSiggy

5 comments:

Jenn July 21, 2009 at 3:51 AM  

So glad they made the transition easy on you. Well, as easy as they could make it anyways. They surely do look like they had a blast.

Chelle July 21, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

It looks and sounds like they had a good 1st day! Glad everyone did well.

Anne July 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

I'm glad they did well with their first day!

Tracy July 22, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

YEAH! So happy for them.

Leslie August 11, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

oh my. they look so grown up now...

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP