Thursday, November 8, 2007

No, I didn't...

join the writer's strike that is. However, the last 2 weeks have been rather exhausting. Da'Gorgeouses are off and running, well...not running just yet, but they are now walking a lot better. They are still somewhat unsteady and cautious, they look like little penguins wobbling back and forth, but boy are they keeping me on my toes! It was just a week ago that they were taking 6-8 steps max, now they're cruising along, pivoting and changing direction, walking across the room, reaching for things on the table tops, etc.

Pistol seems to have picked up a cold and the sniffling started night before last. Since they share everything from bottles, to half eaten cookies I figure the sooner LongRifle gets it the sooner our household returns to normal. So I've encouraged the swapping and sharing of germs and now it looks like LongRifle has a cold too. I hope this one comes and goes fast.

Tomorrow is our appt. w/ Dr.S. I took some time to write down every word (in English & Spanish) they each say---so far we have Pistol with a grand total of 43 words and adding to it daily, and LongRifle with 32. They can sign milk/leche, mas, eat/comer and socks. They can point to and recognize the following body parts---eyes, nose, ears, mouth, chin, cheeks, forehead, hair, bellybutton, pies(feet), manos(hands) and fingers. They continue to astound and amaze me. We had their periodic IFSP to review their goals & objectives today and they met 4 out of the 5 goals they were given to complete by the age of 2! The only one they didn't actually meet was the one on walking---they want them to have a mature gait (so I guess the penguin walk isn't quite mature enough).

Enough for tonight. I have to get some sleep!

0 comments:

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP