Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Two Cries in the Night...

Monday morning (super early in the morning) I was awakened by LongRifle's super pitiful cry. As usual I dragged myself out of bed and stumbled to her room half asleep. I picked her up out of her bed and was heading toward the rocker when she looks at me and says "Luz, what happened? Oh no!" Well, being that I was still half asleep she repeated it until it finally registered, oh yeah, the light in the room is off, what happened?! So I take her over to check out the light, during which Pistol wakes up in her ever dramatic fashion and starts crying "up, up, up" panic in her voice. Knowing I needed to replace the light bulb and knowing that I had two babies in a panic I placed them into the same crib, turned on the hall light (didn't turn on the ceiling light because I didn't want them to think it was okay to be up at this crazy hour) and headed to the pantry to get a replacement. Of course there were cries, screams, begging to be picked up, but they quickly subsided as soon as I walked back into the room. I changed the bulb, placed LongRifle back into her own crib, laid them down on their Pluto pillow and told them I'd be right back. Again cries, yelling, screaming, until I returned with a bottle full of milk, turned on their music CD and headed back to bed (after the first 2 songs played of course). Amazingly, DrillSgt. slept through it all (how is that even possible?)! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get back to sleep and when he woke up he was really surprised to hear he had missed all the excitement.

0 comments:

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP