Saturday, June 7, 2008

Family Date Night

DrillSgt. and I took Da'Gorgeouses out on a movie date. We of course went to watch Ku.ng-Fu Pa*nda. They had been watching all the previews and every time one would come out we would ask if they wanted to go see it. "Of course" Pistol would reply, while LongRifle always stuck to her standard "sure" answer---lol!! Anyway, I dressed them all up, we walked into the movie theatre, waited in line for our popcorn and drink, then headed in to sit down. We arrived a little early, but it was okay. They sat, ate popcorn, watched the movie. Pistol would cover her eyes whenever the screen got too dark, I think she was anticipating something "scary" to happen. LongRifle sat through it all, saying things like "ooo, look out" and "oh no!" Overall we had a great time and learned a few more things about taking Da'Gorgeouses to the movies (like next time we'll have to buy the LARGE popcorn).

After dinner tonight we let Da'Gorgeouses play around a little, I could tell they were tired, but it was only 6 pm and way too early for bed (and way too late to take a nap). They love to play, chase each other, pull and push, tickle and laugh usually we don't intervene, but tonight we just had to...you may not use your sister's belly as a step stool (no matter how much she's laughing)!

4 comments:

Unknown June 8, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

I kind of want to see that movie, it looks cute. Glad you had a good time. Half the time when we go to the movies I end up standing in the hallway almost the whole time with at least one child.

Unknown June 8, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Sorry, that is me, Joy (sanurasmom from TTC & http://www.joysautismblog.com) My dh must have his name logged on here. LOL

Skeller June 8, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

Yikes!!! You guys are BRAVE to take your littles to the movies!!! We go to a bunch of the summer free festival movies, and I can't even tell you how many times I ended up pacing the lobby with my littlest. argh!! To this day (he's 5 now), he'll still dance behind the couch out of view of the tv when a movie part comes on that makes him uncomfortable!

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses June 9, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

Skeller---you know this is the 2nd theatre movie they watch. The first was Horton. They behave amazingly well, sit on our laps, focus on the movie, eat popcorn, don't ask me how they do it, I'm just thrilled they do!

Joy---tooo funny!

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP