Thursday, July 31, 2008

Feeling Proud


I can almost bet my life that I'll never get tired of taking pictures of my handsome husband holding Da'Gorgeouses (those 3 smiles just melt my heart)!


I can also bet, I'll probably never get tired of cheering them on
from the sidelines as I watch them



reach and achieve their goals.



But I can tell you this, this young man was a former student of mine. Here he is, telling them to kick their feet so that they can see the fish down there, and here they are kicking their feet and looking for them.





As I've said before, I'm an overprotective mom.

When it comes to leaving my million dollar babies in the hands of others...


even though it makes my heart stop a little

EVERY time they do this...


I'm thankful & grateful to know that he was a very good student,

and I never had any problems with him in class! LOL!!

Many of the lifeguards/staff at the pool are former students of both DrillSgt. and myself, the top of the line, cream of the crop kids. It makes me smile to see them grow up and become productive young people. I never hesitate to tell them how proud I am to see them working, to see how much they have grown up and changed since I taught them in 7th grade, to ask them where they are headed and what their future goals are. That's the wonderful thing about being a teacher, you may see up to 250+ students in a year and you will never know what kind of effect you had, but when even the students you had a rough time with come up years later, smile at you, shake your hand or give you a hug---well...it makes it all worth it!

3 comments:

Unknown July 31, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

Cutie pies as usual. Looks like they're enjoying their swim lessons.

Holly August 1, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

Oh, how cool:) Love the underwater pictures... and I bet that heart does skip a beat or two- LOL.

gardngirl August 1, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Look at those adorable little swimmers!The underwater part makes me nervous too.

Red loves to jump into the deep end of our pool(kick board in hand, of course).Every time he does Franky and I both cringe.Come think of it, it could be the freaked out look he sees on our faces when he goes under,then comes back up, that's keeping him from learning to swim!!!Poor Red.:)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP