Thursday, July 10, 2008

Growing Up is Hard on Mamá

I busted a blood vessel in my eye and DrillSgt. noticed it yesterday. I have no idea when it happened but I wear contacts and don't remember seeing it when I put them in yesterday morning. So off the contacts came, and a phone call to my optometrist gets me in for an appt. to see him this morning. I guess I'll find out whether I can put my contacts back on or continue wearing my glasses. I can't stand wearing my glasses, they obstruct my vision and fog up and just plain get in my way. Oh well.

Last night was a rather rough night for Pistol. I have no idea what caused it, but she had a melt down as soon as we put her to bed. She kept working herself up, crying hysterically wanting DrillSgt. to pick her up and carry her. I finally had to ask him to leave the room and managed to get her calm enough to try to fall asleep. It worked but I could still hear her sobbing in her sleep. I gave her Tylenol, just in case it was her teeth, rubbed her gums a bit, that seemed to do the trick. It just broke my heart to see her like that and the scary part was, as long as papá was in the room there was just no reasoning with her. She even managed to climb out of her crib without hurting herself and tried opening the door. I wonder if she'll remember how to do that from now on?! Maybe it's time to move to the big girl beds? I'm sooo not ready for that next step, my tiny babies are growing up way too fast! Where's the Baby Whisperer when you need him/her?

Yep, she did it, she woke up again @ 2:30 am and didn't go back to sleep until almost 4. Any ideas? Anyone?

1 comments:

Holly July 10, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

I wish I had some suggestions for you. You did everything I would have. I would say maybe some extra cuddling but I know you're already doing that:) I hope it was just a fluke thing and that she's feeling better by now...

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP