Thursday, July 24, 2008

A New Adventure (For Me!)

I was offered a job and am in the process of completing all the paperwork for it. It's a part-time position (well 2) and will average to 16 hours a week for a total of 2 days per week. I'm excited to get my feet wet again, I really do love teaching, but at the same time I'm already missing Da'Gorgeouses. I know it will be a good thing for ALL of us in the long run, and I also know how fortunate I have been to have spent the last 2 years exclusively devoted to them. DrillSgt. is VERY excited, even though it will only be part-time, he's glad I'm going back to work. The nice thing is I'll still be able to take the girls to their appointments and group time, and the lady that hired me was willing to be flexible at letting me choose the days I will be working. Funny thing though, she hired me WITHOUT ever meeting me, we've exchanged e-mails, I've spoken to her on the phone, I've already filled out the paperwork but I won't actually meet her until today! Da'Gorgeouses swim lessons have been going well. They are comfortable in the water, sometimes too comfortable for my liking, but when it comes down to it they can be super cautious. They are blowing bubbles, have fallen head under water a couple of times and managed to hold their breath long enough for us to pull them up. They still won't go under on their own, but for 3 days into it I'm happy with the results! On a positive note, they are super hungry at dinnertime and they fall asleep fast at night. Pistol has been so defiant the last couple of days, I'm thinking that she's either super tired, is growing and not eating enough or it's a combination of the two. She was really trying my patience today, screaming at the top of her lungs for her "daddy", she was crying so much during lunch that she almost choked on a piece of bread she was attempting to eat, I tried to get my finger in there and what did she do? She bit me----HARD!! Uggghhh, after I calmed down (yes, I needed a time-out) I was able to calm her down. We had a few of those episodes today, it's days like these I'm really grateful they take turns being crazy!

2 comments:

Holly July 24, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

I wish you the best with your new job! Do da'gorgeouses just laugh at you when you say "ouch!"- like my little one does? She doesn't get that she actually really hurts me sometimes...

Skeller July 30, 2008 at 7:08 AM  

Congratulations on your new job :-). I pray it's a good fit for your whole family

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP