Friday, August 22, 2008

Hmmm...Mystery Solved?

Wouldn't you know, LongRifle had no trouble eating today. She wolfed down a bunch at breakfast, did mediocre (but still ate) during lunch, then scarfed during dinner---Hooray!! I guess the whole eating strike is just her way of protesting the changes around here, it's one of those few things she can control.


We did go to visit DrillSgt. during lunch, I figure it was his first week back with students (it's always one of the most draining), we've had a few external stressors around here besides the work stuff (like the return of our auto ONCE AGAIN to the dealer to fix the cr*ppy paint job they did), AND he did accidentally leave his wallet and cell phone at home. So I thought it would be nice to drop off his cell phone and wallet and stop by with lunch. Da'Gorgeouses were both so excited to be headed over to visit him at work (maybe the visit had something to do with LongRifle eating less). It was also nice to see some of my former students. This is the last class I taught, the one where I had to abruptly leave a month before school let out because Da'Gorgeouses came early. They were happy to see me, and the girls, and happy to see that they were doing well (just another perk of living in a semi-small town). Anyways, DrillSgt. was happy to see us, especially once he realized what I was carrying in my hands besides lunch, not to mention the overzealous greeting complete with squeezes, smiles, big hugs and "good to see you Daddy!" he received from Da'Gorgeouses (it even made one of his colleagues tear up).


*************************************************************************


Now about that award. Special thanks to Helene from I'm Living Proof That God Has a Sense of Humor for passing this on to me. I posted about her yesterday BEFORE I knew she had presented me with this award---LOL!! If you haven't stopped by to check her blog out, please do, I love reading about her adventures with her TWO sets of TWINS, makes my life with my two seem like a walk in the park!

There are a few strings attached however, but I don't mind these are good things!
Okay, so apparently, what I'm supposed to do with this award is pass on the love....here's the jist:

The rules of the award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.
_________________________________________________
So here's my list (in no particular order), these are a few of the blogs I visit DAILY (well, mostly daily unless some weird thing comes up!).
1. Quiet Life by Miz Booshay: I love her photographs (she's also a guest blogger under Pioneer Woman's Photography section), which is why I was first drawn to her blog. Once there I discovered that I liked her sense of humor, as well as the honesty and truthfulness and down-to-earth manner in which she posts. I always leave her blog with a smile and a feeling having visited a long-time friend.
2. Holly Needs A Hobby by Holly: She is also a preemie mom, and likes to take photographs. I started reading her blog right before she moved out of CA (too bad we never had a chance to meet IRL) because after reading her blog I discovered we have many more things in common besides being mom to preemies (like banana bread, carousel rides, and green satin boppy's)!
3. Jackson's Journey by TexasMommy: Although this is a blog I just started reading, I'm checking it daily. TexasMommy is the mother of Jackson a two month old surviving triplet born at 23weeks 3 days. That little guy is a fighter and could use all of our prayers! She posts pictures, video, updates on him, and short little messages from Jackson himself. Please stop by and visit him and his family and offer them your support and your prayers.
4. My Happily Every After by Leslie: She is not only an awesome photographer (she has another website dedicated to that), but this blog is about the loves of her life, her baby girl, her wonderful husband and the new baby boy soon to make his grand entrance. She's had a rough go of it, and she's in need of some daily prayers, but she keeps a positive attitude. I absolutely love reading her lists they always make me smile and viewing those cute adorable pics of her baby girl.
5. Short on Words by SKeller: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her beautiful photos, the color and arrangement is always amazing! I enjoy reading the short blurbs on her boys & her life, her photo tip Fridays always have great advice (especially for us newbies), and her Sunday picture and verse is always inspiring.
6. Confessions of a CF Husband by Nathan: Awe-inspiring! His wife has cystic fibrosis, and just recently had a double lung transplant, she is now dealing with cancer AND they are the proud parents to a Gwyneth, a miracle preemie born @ 24 week 4 days. Even with all the previously listed stressors, his posts are always so positive and the pics he takes of Gwyneth and their family make my heart melt!
7. RedHead by GrdnGirl: I can't forget to add my IRL friend! Although she has the bad habit of not posting daily and letting me live vicariously through her grand adventures with Red & her hubby, I still check on her EVERY DAY hoping to catch a glimpse of what her overly busy self is up to. I love those pics she takes of Red, the way she describes those proud mommy moments and all those pictures of her crafty handiwork.
There are many more blogs I frequent, many of which I'm sure have already recieved above award. I could continue posting links to all of them, but it's getting late (I write my posts the night before) and I'm super tired!

7 comments:

Donna Boucher August 22, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Thank you so much for the kind and sweet comments!!!

Skeller August 22, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

MamaC-
You are so so very kind and encouraging :-) Thanks for nominating me! I made a decision early on (after spending HOURS on one of these things), not to do any more of them :-}

I love your list. D'you know, I've been reading MizBooshay since way way back before Pioneer Woman days? (I first found her several years ago from the Well-trained Mind homeschool board...). So it was incredibly fun to see her at P-Dub's.

Helene August 22, 2008 at 1:02 PM  

I'll have to go check those blogs out...they sound like a good read! That's so sweet that the girls were so excited to see Daddy at work! I bet that made his day!!!

gardngirl August 22, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

I feel so honored! I have to say that I am not only thankful for your nomination, but also for introducing me to the world of blog. You inspired me to start "redhead".

I love reading your blog. Being able to keep up with your adventures with DaGorgeouses is great! :)

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses August 22, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

Susan, that's a good idea, because it really did take a lot of time---LOL! I may just have to take your advice and not do any more of them. It did however, leave me feeling really good to have even been noticed :)

Holly August 22, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Well first, Congrats on the award:) And secondly, Awww! You just put the biggest smile on my face- I'm such a dork! I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog when I did and now I can't wait to check out all of the blogs you wrote about:)

CFHusband August 23, 2008 at 5:43 AM  

Thank you!

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP