Friday, August 8, 2008

No More Fluff!

I changed the post time for today because I wanted to post at 8:08 am on the 8th day of the 8th month of the year 2008! LOL!! Yeah, I know, I'm weird like that.

My training was interesting today, I met the teacher whose room I'll be using at night, and even learned a little about myself today. Because I know things are going to be chaotic from the get-go, I need to establish a little bit of order in the things I know I will have to do. I offered to bring my label maker to label the file cabinets as much for my colleagues' sake as for my sanity. I'm making my own set of copies ahead of time, and thinking about what else I would need to be a little more organized as I'll be occupying her room and will have limited space available. I don't want to step on her feet, nor do I want to be frustrated from the get-go.

During our meeting (its a really small group, there are only 4 of us plus the training teacher) one of the other people asked a question regarding her specific job situation, she was getting very discouraged so I offered some advice. I guess maybe she didn't like what I suggested or she really wasn't listening (you know how sometimes you hear what someone says but you aren't really listening), but whatever it was, she had reached that point of frustration and she snapped at me. Now, I'm not a confrontational person, as a matter of fact I try to avoid it as much as possible, so I shut right down, and turned myself away from her. But I will tell you this, once bitten twice shy, that will be the last time I open my mouth to try to help her. I'm civilized, I'll be cordial and chat with her like normal people do, but as far as help her---no thanks (as Da'Gorgeouses would say). The other newbie kept asking why things were different from the regular school system, all the questions and explanations of why things should be aligned were time consuming and quite frankly pointless. I have found that returning to work after my 2 year break, with Da'Gorgeouses now in my life, my priorities are different. I don't have the time, nor the tolerance for other people's fluff. I'm there to do my job to the best of my ability, with whatever resources available to me. I'm there to get along with others. I play by the rules and don't have the luxury nor the time, nor the energy to ask or wonder why things are, for now, they just are, end of story (it's a far cry from how involved I was before Pistol and LongRifle came along).

So, another day of training down and another day that DrillSgt. had to be "Daddy Dearest". It lasted the entire 3 hours this time, so by the time I arrived at home he'd already fed them breakfast, given them a bath, dressed and combed their hair AND they were sitting down for lunch! Hooray!! He had a huge smile on his face when I walked in, I'd like to think it was because he was so relieved to see me, but more than likely it was because he was happy to have had everything under control by the time I arrived home. It's funny, but as I walk out the door whenever I'm going to leave them home with them, I'm always telling him, "you can give them this, or find clothes here, or do this with them...etc." He's a great dad, so I don't even know why I do that?! Besides, I think parenting twins alone is something you just have to get in there and do in order to make it fit your own style. He did tell me that he thought briefly about taking them somewhere alone, but didn't feel quite up to that challenge yet. He's the spontaneous one remember? I'm the one that has to have a little control and have some sort of plan beforehand. So I'm glad to see we're getting into the groove of things, it's only a tiny step forward but at least we're headed in the right direction.

We did have to head out of town to the dealership where we bought our vehicle. It seems that after only 20,000+ miles the paint is peeling off of the top of our SUV. (Good think DrillSgt. washes the car, I would've never noticed it)---LOL!! So they're going to fix it next week and it will only inconvenience us for 3 days (hopefully). The nice thing was that we were able to swing by DrillSgt's. hometown, have pizza @ PUB (LOVE that pizza!) and stop by their Farmer's Market. I have never seen such a tiny Farmer's Market EVER, I wish I'd taken my camera with me!! They literally had 2 small fruit & vegetable vendors, one nut vendor (no he wasn't nuts, he was selling almonds) and one cute homemade clothes/bows vendor----that's it?!! They did have a really great band playing music, there must have been more people playing instruments than there were vendors and customers on the street. Oh well, at least DrillSgt. can now say we attended a Farmer's Market in his local hometown. LOL!!

1 comments:

Holly August 8, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

Ah yes, the drama- the thing I miss the least about working. I think he was smiling because he was proud of himself, and well he should be:)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP