Friday, August 29, 2008

Not Such a Bright Idea...

I took Da'Gorgeouses to have lunch with DrillSgt. again yesterday. This time I was a complete dork because I decided we would all walk in, instead of putting them in the big, bulky stroller. What the heck was I thinking?! Hello, I not only had to park, get them down, cross the parking lot with them AND the food & drinks in my hands BUT then we also had to walk over to DrillSgt's. classroom across the quad! Can you say AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! Luckily, there was a bright side, a kind younger woman saw me walking up the ramp (because there was absolutely no way we were going to be able to navigate those steps) and came running out. She grabbed the food, said, "let me help you, you have your hands full!" I thanked her profusely, smiling and laughing at what an complete idiot I was for even thinking that was a good idea, and she said "NO problem, I have twins myself, only now they're six and in first grade." Ah, the blessings and kindness of someone who understands and has been there done that, who cares if she was A LOT younger than me, she has EXPERIENCE!!! Once we got into the office it was smooth sailing, even navigating Da'Gorgeouses to the classroom through the large campus and hordes of teenagers was a piece of cake compared to crossing that parking lot during lunch time (btw, I parked directly across from the office only about 30 yards away). I did have to keep turning back to cluck/quack at them to keep moving forward, made me feel just like a hen with her chicks or a duck with her ducklings in tow. Lesson learned, next time we go visit, DrillSgt. is meeting us up front, he's already promised.

1 comments:

gardngirl August 29, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

You are one brave woman, MamaC. I guess I am a really big whimp where "letting them walk" is concerned. I have a theory that as long as Red's legs fit in the holes of the grocery cart and as long as his feet aren't touching the ground, THIS little redhead will be contained. Be it a stroller or a grocery cart, that is where you'll find Red! :)

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP