Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Sweetest Sound

Is there anything more beautiful than the sound of giggling coming from the room of your sleeping child? I can hear her now, she must be dreaming, dreaming the dreams that little ones dream of running, and playing and jumping, of all the happy things that make her giggle. It's a loud, long giggle, like the ones she makes when she's awake with a high pitched squeal of glee at the end. Those giggles that capture my heart, make me smile a mile wide and make me count my blessings. I really want to go in and watch her, but I fight the urge, I don't want to wake her up. I love to watch them sleeping and sometimes sneak in late at night, quietly standing watch over them, saying my prayers of thanks for these two miracles sleeping in cribs across from one another. They sleep so peacefully, relaxed, arms and legs extended, heads hanging off of pillows, blankets and stuffed animals scattered about. Keep dreaming my darlings, keep thinking those happy thoughts, keep smiling and giggling...I LOVE YOU!!

1 comments:

Skeller August 31, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

oh! two of my favorite things: watching sleeping children :-) and hearing them giggle!!!

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP