Monday, September 1, 2008

An Unexpected Visit...

We were finishing up breakfast Saturday morning, sitting there talking, cartoons in the background. Suddenly, I was hit with an overwhelming flood of emotion, both a deep sadness and a joy as I looked over at Da'Gorgeouses sitting in their high chairs. My mind flashed the sudden thought of how blessed we were to be sitting there having breakfast as a family, a feeling of sheer joy. The tightness in my chest and flood of emotions brought tears to my eyes, and I placed my hand over my heart because I ached inside. DrillSgt. looked over at me and said, "What's wrong, are you okay?" immediately followed by "Is it time? Did it happen?" I looked over at him, confused, trying to explain what I was feeling, the sudden rush of emotions, the uncontrollable tears, he placed his hands on my arm and I looked up at the clock, it read 10:38 am California time. It only lasted a few minutes and then just as fast as it had come, it went away, leaving me slightly confused but strangely serene. Twenty-eight minutes later my cell phone rang, the familiar ring reserved only for my parents cell phone. I knew what I would hear before I answered it. It was my Dad, voice cracking slightly over the phone, "I have some news...your grandma passed away this morning. She's no longer suffering." My voice cracked as I spoke to him, extending my condolences, and my relief that she was no longer in pain, asking how everyone was doing.

I had to ask the question though, I had to know... "What time did it happen Dad? Was it at 10:40 this morning?" "No" was his reply, "She passed way at 12:36 Texas time."

12:36 Texas time...10:36 am California time, two minutes before my overwhelming, and unexplainable flood of emotions.

Thanks for stopping by to visit Welita, we love you! May you rest in peace.

5 comments:

IAmDenise September 1, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

I am sorry for your loss, but I am so glad she stopped by to say goodbye!
hugs to you and your family

Anne September 1, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

You have my sincere symapathies on your loss. Such a gift to you to have your Welita visit you as she passed.

Anonymous September 1, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

I am sorry for your loss. Big hugs!

gardngirl September 3, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

I am so sorry about your Welita.
I was looking at her picture on your blog and I saw that little twinkle in her eyes...I'll bet you have wonderful memories and great stories to share with the girls as they get older.
Take care, MamaC.

P.S. We really do need to do lunch soon!

Helene September 3, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

I'm so sorry for your loss. The story of her visit is lovely.

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP