Thursday, September 25, 2008

Balance...

I'm totally getting into my work now, Wednesdays seem to be my best day (who likes Monday any way), of course, Wednesday is my Friday...maybe that's why it's my favorite. Truthfully though, it's the group of kids I'm working with, they're just so animated and delightful, and for the most part, hard-working for those reasons I find myself with a smile on my face once I get there. So far I have lost 2 students, they've flown off into the sunset (they just decided it wasn't for them)---bye-bye! My day job isn't so hard to head to, Da'Gorgeouses are still sleeping (thanks Mom!) when I leave, but the night job, it literally brings tears to my eyes (0f course it doesn't help when Pistol is clinging to my leg crying "take me with you!"). Once I'm there though, it's all good, it's just a matter of crowd control, 32 seems to be the magic number that turns those kids into jabberwockies, I don't know how the lady next door does it, some nights she's running close to 60!

I'm still in search of somewhere to learn how to sew. GrdnGirl may have a lead, so I'm hoping it pans out. For now my library bag is full of books like "Sewing for Dummies", "Learn How to Sew Visually", etc. LOL!! If I remember correctly, about 6 months back (maybe longer) we had a small, locally owned fabric shop...umm, yeah, no longer in existence. DrillSgt. gave me the statistics of how many new businesses actually succeed past the first year (don't ask, I've got mommy brain and don't remember the number anymore).

DrillSgt. took Da'Gorgeouses outside while I was away at work. He is such a wonderful dad, and so adventurous and so good for them. We really manage to balance each other, and I think Da'Gorgeouses are all the better for it. Best of all, by the time I got home, they were ASLEEP (not just in bed) and had been bathed---WOOHOO!!

0 comments:

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP