Friday, October 3, 2008

A Sweet Surprise REVEALED!!

I've been offline for the last couple of days my desktop decided to crash. But I had to figure out a way to get online specifically for this...


Can you believe that one morning, not too long ago, I received an invitation to be a part of an online baby shower?! Totally amazing and totally something I wanted to be a part of! I was blog hopping one day a few months ago when I ran across Leslie's blog and I've been hooked ever since! She is an absolutely amazing lady and her personality really shines through in her posts, her love for her family, her amazing faith, her honesty, I just had to be in on this surprise that was sure to bring such a special lady such joy.

Hand-made gifts, Leslie's language of love...but I'm not crafty and talented like a lot of her other blog friends so I had absolutely NO IDEA what to make her darling baby Cade. It took me a long time to decide, but finally I figured I'd crochet a cute baby blanket and a couple of hats...so I went online and picked a cute pattern (turns out it was the exact stitch my Welita (TxG) had taught me how to crochet---visually, pre-pattern reading---when I was first learning)! Many wonderful memories I relived, many positive thoughts and prayers went into each and every stitch (and many sweet hugs from Da'Gorgeouses so excited about the gift for the "tiny baby"). I had my entire family asking about Leslie, how she was doing, and sending up prayers for her.






Those wonderful, beautiful ladies are all so crafty and talented *sigh* each and every piece made with tons of love! Only they didn't stop there, they continued, adding love and prayers, and so many creative things to the blog. They even created shower games (you know, IRL I seriously dislike shower games---does that make me bad?!), but these were fun, even if my creative side doesn't work so well. One was the creation of a baby poem, here's mine (please don't laugh---I'm so not a poet, AND I know it!---LOL!)
The countdown begins, the big day draws near
awaiting the news that your darling boy is here.

Peace, love and prayers we've sent you my friend,
but the secrets we've shared and saved for the end.

So happy, so eager to share in your joy
as you shower with kisses your dear baby boy.

Gifts from the heart, the things we have made,
to welcome with blessing your sweet baby Cade.

Mommy, Daddy, Ry-bug will soon add one more,
making them a healthy, happy, and loving, family of four!
Seriously Leslie, I am so happy to have been a part of all of this beautiful expression of love for you, sweet baby Cade, Ry-bug and your hubby. You are an absolutely AMAZING woman, and I'm so glad I found you. Someday I hope, we'll meet in person...until then, HUGS & BLESSINGS!!!
Love,
MamaChanga

5 comments:

Leslie October 4, 2008 at 5:30 AM  

This was such a beautiful beautiful blanket, even more so in real life. I can't even tell you. I have already ran my hands over it a million times. I can't wait to hold him in it.

You have blessed in such a huge way, I can't even say. Im so humbled by what everyone has done. I wish I had more words to go around....

thank you thank you. I hope to see you one day too!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles October 4, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

MamaChanga,
For not being crafty and not being a poet you sure did blow the socks off me... :) Your gift was among the most intricate and beautiful. I actually felt like the most uncrafty one of the bunch - but how great it is that we all did what we could and pulled off some thing amazing!
I haven't had that much fun is a long time! :) I really enjoyed chatting with you all last night. :)
Great great job friend!

Skeller October 4, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Oh MamaC-
Your blanket was beyond beautiful!!!! And I'm hoping that I get to take Cade pics with him all wrapped up in it!! :-)

gardngirl October 5, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

The blanket is so beautiful MamaC! You should be so proud of yourself!

I'm thinking you need to show me how to make one!

Hey, maybe instead of having a sewing day each month, we could have a"_____ (fill in the blank) for dummies" day. A little something different each month.

We would be sooo crafty! Move over Martha!!! :)

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses October 5, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

Thank you all so much on the wonderful comments about the blanket.

GrdnGirl, that sounds like a good idea, you could teach me how to knit and scrapbook and we could all take turns and become some super crafty mamas! LOL!! Totally looking forward to our sewing day this coming week, can't wait!

Hugs & Blessings!

Followers

BLOG BUTTONS

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP